Fredag 29 juni 17:00-18:15: Head and shoulders, knees and toes
This old children’s rhyme and play will be the base of our exploration through playful, simple, easily accessed YogaMonks preparatory practices for head stand, shoulder stand, bridge and plough inversions. Accessible to all ages and levels of practice, this class will not require you to do any advanced postures, but will show you how to playfully prepare your way so that these postures start advancing towards you.
Lördag 30 juni 14:00-17:30: Breathing Better
We all breathe, yet many of us do not use our breath consciously to improve our well being, our state of mind, our digestion, our mood etc…we can all learn to breathe better than we already do, but this takes practice.
The yogis knew and shared the wisdom of the breath as a path to the enlightenment of the human body and psyche. The first step on this journey, I find, is to start having a loving relationship with our breath bodies.
On this workshop I share with you:
– tools to create a relationship with your breath and to get to know your breathing better, some tips and tricks of what the nose knows
– the techniques of simple starting practices for daily self-practice of breath work
– some teaching on more advanced techniques and where they can lead and what preparations are needed
(this subject will be taken up if there are many yoga teachers attending the workshop and wish to discuss this)
– movement meditations to help you breathe better
– a simple individual practice with life changing results when done daily, to be taken with you after the course to continue on your own
( or with a teacher) with daily devotion
– inspiration to breathe better, sharing through my experiences of teaching breathing better techniques over many years.
Half-time talk and teachings, half time practice and sitting together..
Söndag 1 juli 11:00-12:30: YogaMonks Vienna Vinyasa
We will be looking at and performing a floor routine, filled with fluid beauty and the wisdom of YogaMonks vinyasa. Everyone welcome from all levels of practice. This routine is practiced to music and is a floor based routine.
Vinyasa style yoga classes in YogaMonks has you working exceptionally hard without moving a muscle. You will be encouraged beyond your present limits physically, mentally and emotionally to move your whole body as one unit, with no contraction, with no isolation. Unusual and fun movements and guidance takes you deeper than you thought possible into yoga postures that are hidden in every expression of YogaMonks, an expression which at first glance may not look like classic hatha yoga.
Level: For all levels of practitioners of Yoga and beginners to Yoga